This really was an easy project (a little time consuming because I did have to wait for the glue and paint to dry).
I thoroughly washed the plates and candlesticks and then used E6000 to glue them together. This was my first time using this glue, but I LOVE it and I can't wait to use it on more projects. Beware it does stick a little bit.
The candlesticks I found were metal and they actually came unscrewed into different sections, so I took them apart and mix and matched them to make taller sticks and used the E6000 to glue them together. Then I glued the candlesticks to the plates. Let it set. Primed the whole thing. Then I painted. I used a red paint, blue paint, white paint, hammered metal spray paint and I left one entirely glass. I did spray a clear coat over the top, but I still wouldn't actually eat off of these. I did serve cupcakes from them, but they had papers on them. Here is the finished product.
I linked up HERE, go check out some of the other great ideas!