10.11.2010

Glittered Pumpkins



I found this very cute, creative idea for glittered pumpkins here.


Supplies:
Real or fake pumpkins (I used fake ones from JoAnns)
Elmer's glue
Powdered or very fine glitter
Paint Brush
Paper plates or newspaper
Black or brown craft paint



Paint your pumpkin with glue, one section at a time. Be sure to get the glue in the ridges of the pumpkin so the glitter will stick. Dump glitter on your pumpkin. Allow to dry for about 1 hour. Then paint the stem with the black or brown paint. Depending on the type of glitter you use, and whether you want to keep your pumpkins for next year or not, you may have to spray it with paint lacquer to keep the glitter on.



**I first started just sprinkling it on but it was hard to make it look even. I ended up having to go back and paint over a few spots that already had been glittered and the new glitter I put on had a hard time sticking. Play with it and see what works for you.

1 comment: