6.30.2011

Bowtie Brocolli Pasta


One of my favorite dishes of ALL time, no joke, is this pasta. I found the original recipe at Favorite Family Recipes and their version, which is actually Bowtie Asparagus Pasta, is a little bit different but equally good. I decided to make my own version of this recipe for several reasons.

1: It was incredibly fattening! An entire cube of butter and cream... yowza. I could only eat a little, which was basically impossible. So I would eat a ton and get sick. No fun. My husband thinks it tastes better with the extra calories but I like it both ways.
2: Asparagus is expensive in the grocery store. It was $3.99 a pound at one point in my grocery store. If you have asparagus, I would recommend trying both versions of this recipe because they are both amazing. Also- pine nuts don't come cheap either so I omitted those.

Bowtie Brocolli Pasta
Adapted from Fav. Family Recipes

1lb. bow tie pasta
1/2 CUBE butter
2-3 cloves garlic, minced or I use a few shakes of garlic powder
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1-2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/4 cup corn starch
2 cups milk or half & half
salt & pepper, to taste
1lb. broccoli, or however much you like
6-8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Boil pasta until al-dente. Boil broccoli in separate pan until crisp tender. Melt butter in a large skillet, add the garlic and saute. Add Parmesan Cheese, bouillon, and 1/4 cup cornstarch. When the bouillon cube is dissolved, slowly stir in milk and salt & pepper. Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss until pasta is well covered. Add blanched broccoli. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately. Enjoy! Everyone I have ever served this to loves it so I implore you to try it TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment