11.04.2010

Super Easy Wreath

I saw this idea on Studio 5 (to see the video follow this link:
http://studio5.ksl.com/index.php?nid=61&sid=11571711) and I knew I had to give it a try.

What you need:
one 12 inch foam wreath form (from dollar store)
2 pairs of tall (taller the better) socks
Ribbon for hanging and making a bow.

The socks that they come out with for the holidays and Christmas would be great. I found these at the dollar store too and they are just simple and cream so I can leave the wreath up all year.
The first thing you need to do is to cut your wreath form on the seam. I just used a sharp knife and it cute right through, be careful though.

Then cut the toe off your socks and the heal. So you will be left with two pieces like this.
Then start threading your socks onto your wreath form. I put a small piece, then large, then small, etc. So that it would be even, but it doesn't really matter. You have to pull the wreath form gentle open and then slip the sock onto it. I found it was easiest if I scrunched up the sock (just like you would put on a pair of tights) and slipped it on.

Once it is on you can smooth it out more.
Then to hide the edges, I just rolled over one edge and tucked the other sock into it and then fluffed them up a little bit. The seam between gets lost pretty good in the texture of the wreath. If you really wanted to you could sew them right sides together into a long tube and then there would be only one spot to hide under your bow/ribbon.
Add a bow or simple ribbon and you are done. I really love how the fabric gives the wreath a different texture than my other wreaths and I love how easy and quick it was.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so doing this with my young women!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete