3.04.2011

Grilled Caesar Chicken Salad

Last month sometime, I was able to get French's Honey Dijon mustard for 49 cents (regular price $1.49). I am not a fan of mustard, but I use it occasionally in recipes and sometimes sandwiches. Anyways, this recipe was actually on the bottle of mustard.


Orginal Recipe from the Honey Dijon Mustard Bottle:

2/3 Cup Caesar Dressing
2/3 Cup French's HOney Dijon Mustard
4 Medium Boneless Chicken Breasts
Tossed Salad

Mix Dressing and mustard. Pour 2/3 cup sauce over chicken. MARINATE chicken in refridgerator for 30 min. Grill or broil chicken 10- 15 min. until donw. Cut into strips. Drizzle remaing sauce over chicken and tossed salad.


I thought why not I will try it, but I will change it a little, for one it is still snowy at our house and I don't want to be running in and out to check the grill and my kids aren't really that excited about eating salad. So, for our dinner I did this:

1/3 Cup Caesar Dressing (I got salad dresssing for 49 cents too)
1/3 Cup Honey Dijon Mustard
4 Chicken Breasts
Slices of Medium Cheddar CHeese

Mix Sauce. Pour over Chicken. Pre heat oven to 350. Marinate in the fridge for 30 min. (or so) Spray or line a 9x13 baking dish. Place chicken into baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Layer slices of cheese over each chicken breast. Bake for about 25-30  minutes. I also use a meat thermometer to check doneness... I believe for chicken it needs to be over 173 degrees, I usually like 180 ish to be safe. Towards the end of cooking I turned on the broiler so that the cheese got all bubbly.

 I served this with rice and a veggie. My family loves it, even my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment