5.03.2010

Knife Covers

I have 2 very nice knives that I absolutely love, but they didn't come with covers or protectors. I wanted to keep them nice and sharp. My Nutrition professor suggested this idea for me.
What you need:
~Cereal Box
~Tape
~Scissors
Optional:
~Fabric- I just used some leftover fabric from a different project
~Glue

Instructions:
Start by measuring your knives. My chef's knife was 8" long and 2" wide. I then drew a rectangle on my cardboard box that was 8 1/4" long and 4 1/2" wide. Then just cut it out, fold it in half and tape it together.

For the optional part, I just cut my fabric a little bit smaller than my piece of cardboard. I glued it in place and waited for it to dry before I folded it in half and taped it.


This is a great way to protect your knives or your little children from the knives!

Additional note: My professor also told me to never spend lots of money on serrated knives, because it's a waste of money. Once they are dull you can't sharpen them. The only things you should be cutting with serrated knives are bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment